Other Ocean Interactive
Yu-Gi-Oh! Waking the Dragons: Joey’s Journey review
2 GB available space
Yu-Gi-Oh! Waking the Dragons: Joey’s Journey
In the latest Yu-Gi-Oh! video game, Yu-Gi-Oh! Waking the Dragons: Joey’s Journey, gamers get to follow the story of the protagonist, Joey. The player is able to experience Joey’s story line, including his adventures in the Duelist Kingdom, Battle City, and the Waking the Dragons event.
The player starts by choosing a deck and a character to play as. The player has to play through a set of games in which they have to duel other characters in the game, while the rules of the game are being taught gradually. In the Duelist Kingdom, the player will play through a series of duels with Yugi, Joey, Mai, and Pegasus. In Battle City, the player will not only duel against Maximillion Pegasus, but also against Bakura. In the Waking the Dragons event, the player will duel against Joey’s friend, Tristan. The gameplay of Yu-Gi-Oh! Waking the Dragons: Joey’s Journey consists of turn-based card battles. The game is based on the anime, and is the first game based on the anime that is playable on mobile devices.
The graphics in the game are done in a style which is a tribute to the original Yu-Gi-Oh! card set. The cards in the game are done in a style that is reminiscent of the original card, and players can use the cards that they unlock through the game in the original Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card game.
Players can replay the game and duel either the same opponents over and over again, or play through it in a different order. Yu-Gi-Oh! Waking the Dragons: Joey’s Journey is never ending. The game is constantly updated with new cards, new game modes, and new difficulty levels.
- Play as Joey and duel his friends and enemies
- Tribute to the original Yu-Gi-Oh! card set
- Duel with the cards that the player unlocks in the game
- Unlock new cards for the original Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card game
- Play through the game in a different order every time
- Duel against the same opponents over and over again
- Duel in tournaments
- The player can’t duel in real life
- There is no freedom in the dueling
- The player can only play in the Duelist Kingdom, Battle City, and the Waking the Dragons event
- The game is sometimes too easy
- The game is too short
Yu-Gi-Oh! Waking the Dragons: Joey’s Journey is a mobile game of the popular animated TV show. The game is created by Konami for mobile devices.