Waveform is a procedurally generated, arcade-style game in which the player is tasked with placing down and manipulating a variety of surfaces called "waves," which in turn create different shapes. The player is able to do this by pressing and dragging to create a shape and then pressing and dragging in a different place to move it to that position. Different shapes will react differently to the environment, such as the "spike" shape that will cause the surface it is placed on to rise to a point. Once a shape is created, the player can press and drag to move it around the screen. Waveform is a 2D shoot 'em up game developed by Dutch indie game studio, Radial Games.
The game is endless, meaning that it continues endlessly until the player dies. The player controls a ship that can fire projectiles, and can use these projectiles to destroy other ships, collect power-ups, or collect diamonds. Ships fire projectiles, which the player can use to destroy other ships, collect power-ups, or collect diamonds. The game is endless, meaning that it continues endlessly until the player dies.
The graphics are very minimalistic and clean. There are a lot of colors and the graphics work really well with the gameplay.
The gameplay is fun and addictive, but the replayability is low. There are not many different types of obstacles, and the player will eventually get bored of the same old gameplay.
- The game is challenging for most levels
- There are three levels of difficulty that the player can choose from
- The game has no music, but it has sound effects
- The game is easy to pick up and play
- The game is inexpensive
- The game has no in-app purchases
- The game can be played on mobile devices
- The game is available on Steam
- The game lacks music
- Some players may find the graphics are dated
- The game is based on the player's skill, so the game lacks any random elements
- The game can be played only in one mode
- The game lacks variety in every aspect
Waveform is a game developed by Dutch indie game studio, Radial Games. The game's main feature is that everything in the game is made up of waves. The game is a 2D shoot 'em up game, where the player controls a ship that can fire projectiles. The player can use these projectiles to destroy other ships, collect power-ups, or collect diamonds. The game is endless, meaning that it continues endlessly until the player dies.